Monday, January 10, 2011

Yes to the Dress!

I SAID YES TO THE DRESS....For those of you that know me well you will be shocked to know that I found my dress on the first trip and it was only the second one I tried on! Is your mouth hitting the floor because mine is still! I am pretty old fashion when it comes to Hunter not seeing or knowing ANYTHING about it so the only thing I am going to say about it is that it’s PERFECT! So don't expect a picture of it to be floating around on Facebook or posted on this blog because it’s not going to happen. Also I have already threatened all 5 sisters (especially Sarah) about telling too many details because I would like for everyone to be surprised just as much as Hunter on the day of the Wedding !!
    Now that the dress is checked off of the to dos…my brain is on overload! What do I want my colors to be? What kind of flowers? What kind of cake? What about center pieces? Do I want long bridesmaids dresses or short? …until everything just sounds like blah blah blah in my head! I'm not going to lie wedding planning is not easy! I can’t believe that I did not cry over my dress, I was so excited to have everyone there with me when I found it that the sure joy of the moment kept my tears in. Mom, Whitney, Katy and Sarah were all able to come with me and my dad in his own little way made my morning special with a precious note and breakfast.
    I really didn’t think that Wedding Planning could make me realize how blessed I am. The small things like mom and her “Wedding Notebook”, Whitney standing up and walking all the way around me while I’m standing up on a stool to make sure that every line of the dress is perfect, Katy Lu and Sarah say.. “Uh..No!” to a dress, I am blessed!! Falling asleep last night I thought of the girls that might not have a mom who cares about a fairy tale wedding or a dad who makes an effort to stay sensitive to his daughters emotions and feelings towards such a big day. I want to make sure that I never take for granted the time that my family has committed to making this day so very special. We are off to a very GREAT start!
     After we went dress shopping we drove into Midtown to do a little “walk through” of Washington Square Park, in the Oakley District (which I might add was an idea of Debra’s..Points for you!!) for a possible venue location. Gorgeous does not do this place justice. After a phone call this morning with a “park ranger” things were not looking up…we should have answers soon on if this will be the place where Hunter and I exchange our I Dos!! 
Thank you all for reading and keeping up with our Wedding! 

To Do : 
Don’t forget to Pray for NO RAIN!!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I am sure you will be an amazingly beautiful and elegant bride. :)

    ReplyDelete